6.29.2012

framed shower love (something i never thought i'd type)

Last week I posted about my new found love of iron window showers, and I gotta admit, I felt super weird about rescinding my hatred of all framed showers. It's just one of those rare rules I thought was borderline universal: framed showers = dated and ugly. But I told myself it was ok because my new crush was so specific. It had to be iron, and it had to be window-like. I was only veering off the seamless shower door path a little

But then I kept looking around pinterest, and, well, I veered off a lot. Like, taking out a mailbox and crashing into a tree styles:


via

via

 via

 via

via

via


Yup. That just happened.

I honestly never thought you could convince me to like ANY bordered showers, and now I'm having a full on love affair with a crap-tonne of them.

Is this a new thing? Are bordered showers back in a big ass way?! It seems to me that we've moved away from them for so long that if you want to make a statement this might be the new (old) way to go. I mean, these babies get noticed.

It looks like Naomi of Design Manifest caught onto this shift way before me, and did a great post about when you should consider this look.

What do you think? Just another case of re-imagining old trends or something you didn't see coming either?

post signature

1 comment :

  1. Dabbl is leading Shower Company provides top class products such Shower, Enclosures, Sliding Glass Doors, Shower Glass, Screen Hinge, Pivot, Frameless, Custom, Corner, Quadrant, Walk in Shower Enclosures and many more so call us now at 0086-757-88629686 email me at export2@dabbl.de Shower Enclosures, Glass Shower Doors

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!