6.19.2012

i heart your art: lulie wallace

So in my last post I mentioned Lulie Wallace, and even though her work has been all over the blogosphere and back again recently, I thought I would be remiss if I didn't follow that mention up with an "i heart your art". Because lord knows I do. Heart her art that is.

Lulie's schtick is deconstructed/abstract florals, à-la-this:


 



That second one is calling my name. 

Now I can totally understand why some people wouldn't 'get' these. They are unapologetically feminine, and yes, I see it, just a little bit granny. I'm not going to argue with you. But they also have an inexplicable edge to them, and they're so, so much bolder and quirkier than your standard floral still life. I can't even put my finger on what makes them so special, I just know they are. I'm seriously smitten. 

Coincidentally, the new Society Social Magalog came out on Monday, and lo-and-behold, Lulie's work was featured in one of the rooms (designed by Tiffany Richey):


By the way, um, could someone, um, maybe please mail me that pink and gold chest? I might need it very badly. Maybe.

Oh god someone send that to me now.

post signature

4 comments :

  1. I'm 99% sure that's an ikea rast hack! Hot sexy pink plus hardware like this http://pinterest.com/pin/150589181260038118/

    ...And if it's not a Rast hack, I'd be pissed if I owned that and everybody just assumed it was a Rast haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing! I totally assumed it was a Rast hack too, but the Rast doesn't have a border in between each drawer (which I remembered once I went and looked, because I'd thought about campaigning one before until I saw that :P)!

      Unless Rast is different in the states? Or it used to have those borders?

      Delete
    2. huh, you're right! It's weird that whoever designed that pink prettiness left the bottom toekick space (below the three drawers). It's my least favorite thing about the Rast--I feel like it should be flush with the drawers!

      As for campaign-style, have you seen this? http://pinterest.com/pin/150589181260032316/ I prefer the pink one with the border between each drawer, but it's not a bad alternative :)

      Delete
    3. oooh, I hadn't! Pinning that for sure. You're right, it's not as good, but it's as close as my wallet will get me unless I magically find a cheap vintage piece!

      Delete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!