6.21.2013

summer living: the magic of outdoor curtains

I'm playing hooky again today (that's two Fridays in a row if you're counting!) and Monday is a holiday here, so I'm gearing up for a lovely, lazy long weekend. The only thing I have on my mind is some serious back balcony lounging, with an icy cold smoothie in hand and the latest issues of Lonny and Rue on my laptop!

For a 4' by 9' space, I gotta say that my glorified fire escape makes me pretty darn happy. I've managed to squeeze in an outdoor loveseat, a mini bbq, a little side table and some plant pretty, and even went so far as to cover the grotty concrete with some wood deck tiles. Too far for a rental? Maybe. But I looove it.

The only problem is that it's directly attached to my neighbour's balcony (no separation at all), and his side is - in the absolute kindest of words - an eyesore. It has me dreaming of outdoor drapes like you wouldn't believe! I've always loved the look and now it's the only thing standing between me and perfect relaxation...









{1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9}

Would this make me seem like the unfriendliest of neighbours in the history of time? Should I care enough to keep staring at his mess? Oh, how does one choose between the polite and the pretty...

Have a beautiful weekend loves! Here's hoping the sun is shining no matter where you are!

post signature

3 comments :

  1. darling images of outdoor rooms. I love them all. Have a great weekend.
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outdoor curtains remind me of the open cabanas on tropical islands and beaches... So naturally I am completely in love with these photos and ideas!!

    >>>> Madebygirl.blogspot.com
    >>>> MadeByGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - makes everything seem so serene like a beach vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!