6.25.2013

in which i turn 30


So it's finally happened: I've left my 20's behind. As of today, I am officially an adult. Officially supposed to know what I'm doing. Officially supposed to have my shit together.

I can assure you none of this is the case.

While I've spent the last couple of weeks in some sort of panicked last-ditch effort to change my unhealthy ways, I'll still always be the girl who eats brownies for breakfast. Out of the pan. With a knife.

I just might pair it with a green smoothie now.

Last year I posted about struggling with turning 29, and I have to admit that in some ways that hasn't changed - I'm definitely not where I thought I would be by this age - but in some ways it's night and day. Things may not be perfect, but they're a helluva lot better than they were two years ago. Or even just that one. For the first time in a long time, I feel hopeful for the years that lie ahead. For all the stuff still left to do and discover. For the amazing things I'll be able to accomplish and for the adventures waiting just around the corner.

If every year keeps being better than the last, then aging . . . well aging is a gift.

While looking for a pic for this post, I happened upon another blogger's thoughts on turning 30 (while single) that pretty much sum up every last little thing I feel about this birthday. I honestly couldn't possibly say it any better myself, so I'll let her do the rest of the talking. As for me, I'll see you beauties tomorrow, definitely one day older, hopefully one day wiser, and probably more than a little hungover.

xoxoxo


post signature

4 comments :

  1. Happy birthday lady! Hope you have some fun plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hope it's a great one for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Elyse! Cheers to an amazing decade ahead. If it's any comfort to you, my mid-late 20s were the hardest time in my life, and I've heard from several older and wiser ladies that they felt the same way. It gets better! Enjoy your celebration, and know that yet another stranger in this crazy world is very glad you were born. Mwah! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A whole new milestone to achieve great things! Happy Birthday sweet girl. I hope your year is "thirty, flirty and thriving" to quote one of my guilty pleasures of a movie ;). xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!