7.08.2013

old friends and new toys

How was your weekend lovelies? Mine was filled with great friends (including some I haven't seen in ages), delicious food and beautiful sun - pretty much the most perfect combination there is. So perfect, in fact, that I had absolutely no time or desire to think about anything else - including this little ol' blog. Sorry!

I did, however, find a moment to take a new toy for a test run - my kick-ass sisters and brothers-in-law got me a new 50mm lens for my birthday, and I brought it out to the park with me yesterday to see what it could do.  All I can say is I can't believe I lived without this lens for so long! My portraits just improved 1000 fold . . .



... and I can't wait to see if the same will be true for my interior shots! If so, things might be getting waaaaay prettier up in here mighty soon. I'm like a little kid at Christmas, and I can't wait to play!

P.S. cutest. couple. ever. I'm calling it.

post signature

6 comments :

  1. I loved playing around with my 50mm lens when I first got it. Your portraits turned out beautifully! Can't wait to see what you do with your interior pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great lens! I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these shots Elyse! Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Emily - that means TONS coming from you!

      Delete
  4. Is it a 1.4 or a 1.8? I have the 1.8 but I have a hard time getting it to focus well. I've heard the 1.4 is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1.8. My photographer friend warned me I might encounter that too - she says it happens to the best of em' ;)

      Delete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!