7.03.2013

racing stripe furniture: bold wins it

It's amazing how adding one big fat stripe can instantly modernize a super traditional piece of furniture, or bring interest to a lackluster one. I've been finding myself drawn to this look more and more lately for those very reasons, especially when done in stark black and white/neutral or bold global patterns. If I had a steadier hand and a bit more luck with painters tape I might already be priming my dresser . . .












{1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12}

post signature

4 comments :

  1. LOVE all your inspiration pictures! Those stripes are so simple, but make such a fantastic impact.

    Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look! It's so eye catching and dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! This gave me a ton of ideas. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know the mantra..."it's just paint"....I say go for it with your dresser! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!