6.06.2013

i heart your art: cy twombly

He might be my favourite artist of all time.

I know that's a huge statement. I know. But I can't think of a single other artist whose body of work tops Cy Twombly's for me. I have yet to see a Cy piece that doesn't make me stop and take a moment. If more of his pieces were available as prints - and oh how I wish they were - they would line my home like wallpaper.

What I think is most interesting is how relevant his work is today, and how clearly you can see his influence on current popular abstract artists.

If you want to learn more about this amazing American artist, I really suggest reading the wiki page on him. But first, take a moment to enjoy the pure, unadulterated beauty of what his imagination created . . .













{All images found by via Pinterest search and Tumblr tag}

post signature

1 comment :

  1. Thank you for the introduction to this painter's work. I particularly like #s 4 and 6. In every painting here, his use of colour and his technique are wonderful. I'm surprised we don't see more of his work around.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!