9.17.2013

the hack I heart the most: tiffany leigh design

Tiffany of Tiffany Leigh Interior Design is a girl after my own heart. With talent and taste to spare, she doesn't let the fact that she's in school and working on a budget stand in between her and serious style. Whether taking another man's trash and making it into her gold or scouring antique markets for hidden treasure, Tiffany knows that a little sweat equity and the right vision can go a long, long way! Couple that with the fact that she happens to be one of the sweetest and most genuine bloggesses I've had the pleasure of "meeting", and I couldn't think of a single better person to join us for the second installment of the hack I heart the most!

So without further ado: the lovely Ms. Tiffany and her awesome hack . . .

***

Hi everyone! I'm Tiffany from Tiffany Leigh Interior Design and I am so excited to be here at Peonies and Brass today sharing the hack I heart the most. For me, it was an easy decision because I live in a tiny studio apartment in Toronto, so although I'd like to hack everything in sight (bloggers will agree it's an addiction really...) I only have space for a few pieces of furniture. I've had to limit myself. Let me introduce you to my prettiest and most functional hack: My Greek Key Bench.

This bench began its journey with me as a dated, worn out wooden coffee table that I picked up at Good Will for $4:


It was chipped and pretty ugly, but I saw potential! I especially liked the carved details of the legs, which were hard to see with the dark stain. With just a few supplies, I completely transformed this piece!





I have so much fun styling and restyling this little bench. It makes a great footstool/coffee table in front of my sofa, and can easily be cleared off and used as extra seating if I have guests over. You can check out the full 'how to' tutorial here. Be sure to pop by and say hello!

Thanks so much for having me Elyse!
Photobucket

3 comments :

  1. Oh wow! That looks so much better. I'm from Toronto myself, I clearly need to hit up a goodwill and give it a shot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hack - nothing like injecting a little love into a forgotten treasure. Love that little zebra, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for having me Elyse! And for the extra flattering introduction. I can't wait to meet you in real life on Saturday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!