9.16.2013

back to business (+ a fiddle leaf update)

So here's the post where I come back after a month away, tail between my legs, hoping you'll forgive me. I've been so busy with work - and some of life's other lovely dramas - that I haven't had a moment to breathe let alone blog, but I promise, I've been missing this place like crazy. I've also been missing d.i.y'ing. And zhushing. And, uh, cleaning. All in all, the following has officially become my mantra for life:

{via}

I mean, is that really so much to ask? I can't remember the last time my answer to "so what apartment projects do you have on the go" was "none actually", but the other day that's exactly what it was. And it felt so wrong

So I'm getting back to me, which means getting back to you. Also getting back to spray paint. And fabric. And nail guns and hammers. Because that's just how it should be.

Tomorrow I'll be kicking it off in style with an awesome installment of the hack I heart the most from the always amazing Tiffany Leigh - you definitely don't want to miss it! In the meantime, a little update on the great fiddle leaf debate:


I did it. I pulled the trigger. And I was head over heels in love. I mean, it's gorgeous right?? Exactly what that spot needed and impossibly perfect in every way. But . . . notice how I said "was"? Three weeks in and my poor baby is almost completely dead. Every night I hear a soft thud as another leaf bites the dust. 

Looks like this girl's first project might be figuring out how to discreetly attach a grow light to the wall . . .

post signature

4 comments :

  1. YAY!! I'm so glad you're back! And I feel your pain...my fig tree did the EXACT same thing. I was on the verge of tears when the last leaf gave up the fight... but live and learn, I guess. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your fiddle leaf! I killed my love fern so don't feel so bad. I heard they are very finicky plants. I can't wait for my feature tomorrow sweet pea! Glad to have you back, we all missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are such hard plants to keep alive if the environment isn't right. My BFFs died, but I've managed to keep mine alive for a year. It's in a corner covered in windows, but tall trees outdoors keep in bathed in indirect sunlight all day and then I turn the thing regularly, close the vents in winter so the heat doesn't damage it and have a watering/fertilizing routine. I am not a plant lover, have a total black thumb, but I am doing everything I can to keep that investment plant from dying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, dearie. Your little corner of the internet is waiting for you, warm and cozy, just like you left it. As for your poor plant, don't fret. You started off with a hard plant, is all. Try something that thrives in low light, or low moisture. Perhaps a hanging succulent in a cute urn of sorts? I know it's not as sexy/trendy as the fig, but maybe some success would feel good right about now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!