1.21.2013

a country house in the city

Vogue.com just published pics of Miranda Brooks' home, and there is a big part of me that literally can't wrap my head around the idea that it's in Brooklyn. Honestly, I hear the words coming out of their mouths, but they just don't compute . . .

First of all, the bathroom. A little part of me died when I saw it.



The light, the space, the character, the books . . . I would never leave. I'd just keep picking a new novel and getting right back in the tub.

The office, kids rooms, rooftop potting shed and insane backyard are none too shabby either.







Yes that is a rabbit coop. In Brooklyn.

This type of life is literally my dream. All the perks without the commute or inaccessible sushi.

I'm going to take this as proof that you can have the best of both worlds. You just have to be a celebrity landscape designer/contributing editor of Vogue who's married to a hot architect. Easy enough right? I'll get right on that . . .

post signature

3 comments :

  1. Literally (no pun intended - but all those books!!), the best find yet. Except for the street party in Montreal, the beautiful fabrics and the Christmas thingys, the wedding shoots, ... . I guess this is just today's favourite.
    This is such stuff as dreams are made of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. My official stance is that her style has its own particular brand and is kind of genius. My unofficial stance is that I'm jealous and find it unfair that some people make it look so effortless.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!