4.23.2013

style revelation: mandy milks

Ever have one of those experiences where you suddenly realize that a bunch of disparate spaces you absolutely adore are actually all from the same house? Well, that just happened to me - big time.

A couple of months ago I fell head over heels for a pair of bathrooms (created out of one old bathroom) in House & Home's March issue. I folded down the corners of each of the pages and even carried the feature around with me in my purse while helping my parents pick out tile. There was something about these spaces that really spoke to me more than any other bath I'd seen in a while.

Yesterday H&H finally posted pics of the bathrooms online, and I couldn't wait to share. Here's bath #1:




And bath #2:




Aren't they insanely good? The perfect balance of patina and polish, masculine and feminine.

A month later, H&H's special makeovers issue came out, and one of the kitchen transformations spoke to me in that same way. I decided it was the best kitchen reno I'd seen in a long, long time. I couldn't get enough of it.

It wasn't until last week that I finally realized that there was a reason for that same gut feeling: both spaces belong to one Mandy Milks, art director at H&H. She and her husband have been renovating an old house in Toronto room by room, and the result so clearly strikes a cord with me.

Unfortunately I could only find one really good pic of the kitchen, but it's linked to an awesome video showcasing the space.


I truly can't wait for H&H to feature the rest of Mandy's home (fingers crossed). There is nothing that I love more than old bones complimented by new hotness, and in Mandy's capable hands it's clearly a guaranteed home run. I'll definitely be watching this gal from now on ( and coveting her home like a mad person).

xoxoxo luvs

post signature

4 comments :

  1. oh my word. these are absolutely incredible. i could lounge in that bathtub for days.

    <3becky
    www.loosefromthezoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about perfection! I'm dying over these two bathrooms! And the kitchen. So very lovely.

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good gracious. I am about to run upstairs and paint my clawfoot tub navy. Girl - I am totally DIGGING your style!

    - {darlene weir} @ fieldstone hill design, interiors

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kind of obsessed with those dark honeycomb floors. Such a dramatic twist on a classic print.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!