12.20.2012

shared office love: cuz i like people more than i like doors

Poop. That's how I feel about today. I'm grumpy and sulky and my lower lip could be a bird perch. 

Poop.

My team at work has grown from a duo to a quartet, and today we're moving because of it - from a floor of about twenty peeps (the larger group we work with) to a small space housing just 5. I personally am going from a small open air "nook" that I shared with two interns to a private office. Which I should be pleased as punch about, but again, I say poop.

I know most people would consider the office an upgrade, but the new desk config - they have me facing a wall with my back to the door - means I'll need to shut my door to avoid feeling as though the world is peering over my shoulder. And that, plus the reduction in faces, just sounds like one big stinking pile of lonely to me. I'm already yearning for my nook back. 

So in the spirit of my internal tantrum, here are some gorgeous shared offices that just scream collaboration! If I ever start my own teeny tiny business, you best believe I'd be throwing sarcastic jabs at coworkers over computer screens in a space like this:

{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}

post signature

1 comment :

  1. I plan on working on my new office/closet space (bribe from the bf when making the move from NYC to Boston was to make the spare bedroom my own space) and all of this has me brainstorming on how to decorate!

    I too like an open common space but some days need to lock myself in and just get stuff done. Hope the new space starts to grown on you!

    xo
    Natalie
    dishesrunwaysandbriefcases.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!