11.21.2012

cheapie turkish rugs (without the trip)

In yesterday's guest post on A Newfound Treasure I listed Turkey as my next dream trip destination, in no small part because of my rug love. No obsession. No borderline addiction. Every time my poor mama travels to the states to visit my aunt she asks that the rug I order (to get around Canadian shipping restrictions) not be too big. At this point she just assumes. I have a problem, y'all. 

As much as I would love that trip to happen soon, finances mean it'll have to wait. In the interim, I've found a way to still get my Turkish kilim fix on the cheap: ebay. There may be a lot of duds to sort through, but there are also plenty of gems in every style imaginable, and they're usually much, much easier on the wallet than other sources I've found! Here are just a couple of the pretties available right now:






1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

All under $700, and most way less than that. Like those four minis at the end. Starting bid? $99. The one right before it? $9.99. That's crazy pants.

Want the Turkish vibe but on a smaller scale? They have that too folks:


1 // 2 // 3

The most consistent dealer I've found is definitely Turkish Kilim, the seller of the first three above and of my own kitchen kilim. I gotta' say, if there was ever a purchase I didn't regret that would be it. I love the pop it brings to the space - so happy!

Go and take a gander - here's hoping you'll find some colourful kilim love without the sticker shock or jet lag ;)

post signature

14 comments :

  1. ....it's like you wrote this post for me. Checking them all out now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughhh need a turkish rug in my life! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a slight obsession as well ;) NEED to get one of these through my front door! I have been browsing ebay for quite some time, waiting for the 'perfect' one to pop up! I'm your newest follower - love your blog! Hope you'l visit mine and follow if you enjoy it as well! xo !

    Brooke
    www.decorgreat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous. This style of rug is one of my faves. They add the perfect carefree boho vibe to any space. I love the third one you posted! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. ugh, that's a link. Not sure why it's not showing up . . .

      Delete
  6. This post came at the perfect time. I need a little Turkish rug for our powder room. I'm so digging the one on the right in the last pick. Putting in a bid now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A turkish rug has officially made its way to my christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turkish Carpets are hand crafted art works in the world...

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are Home shopping centers who offers you best quality turkish rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peanuts, peanut butter, and cold pressed ground nut oil are filled with heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.

    https://www.standardcoldpressedoil.com is has good consistency - neither thick nor runny. It carries mild coconut smell from virgin coconut oil

    Thecastor oil cold pressed castor seed, or bean, is the source of numerous economically important products as one of the world's most important industrial oils.

    what is cold press oil is considered to be one of the most versatile natural oils today.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me borderline giddy! Thanks so much for taking the time!